Pine Bush School District
PINE BUSH CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BUDGET HEARING &
ANNUAL MEETING AND ELECTION
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF PINE BUSH CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT AS FOLLOWS:
1. That the Board of Education of the Pine Bush Central School District will hold a budget hearing, remotely, for the purpose of discussion of the expenditures of funds (the budget) and the budgeting thereof proposed by said Board of Education for the school year July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 televised, live stream, with no in person attendance from the District Office of the Pine Bush CSD, Route 302, Pine Bush, New York at approximately 7:00 o 'clock p.m. prevailing time, please refer to the district website at www.pinebushschools.org for instructions on how to access the meeting.
2. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Education of the Pine Bush Central School District will hold the Annual Meeting & Election of all residents of the Pine Bush Central School District who qualify to vote on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 by absentee ballot only for the purpose of voting on the following and any other propositions placed before the voters:
A. To vote on a proposition to authorize the Board of Education of said School District to expend the sums of money which will be required for school purposes for the year July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 and to levy the necessary tax therefore.
B. To elect two (2) members to the Board of Education at large for three-year terms. The terms of office for the two (2) available seats will be as follows: two seats for a three-year term, (July 1, 2020June 30, 2023). The terms of office for the two (2) seats that will be available as of July 1, 2020 are due to the expiration of the term of office of Kristi Kheiralla and Cara Robertson, expiring as of June 30, 2020.
3. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual Meeting & Election will be held on June 9, 2020, and conducted by absentee ballot only, no in person voting will be permitted. All "qualified voters" shall be eligible to receive an absentee ballot.
4. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that additional questions or propositions may be submitted to appear on the ballot in accordance with Section 2035 of the Education Law provided a petition in proper form relating thereto is filed with the Clerk of the School District in accordance therewith no later than May 11, 2020 except those required to be placed in the Notice of Annual Meeting & Election.
5. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that a statement of estimated expenses for the ensuing year will be completed and copies made available on the school district website, and via email request to the District Clerk between the hours of 9:00 o'clock a.m. and 3:00 o'clock p.m. prevailing time, during the fourteen days (14) immediately preceding the Annual Meeting & Election, except a Saturday, Sunday, or Holiday, together with the text of any resolutions which will be presented to the voters.
6. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that candidates for the office of two (2) members of the Board of Education for three-year terms, shall be nominated by petition with their name and residence with no minimum number of signatures required and must be directed to the School District Clerk. Petitions nominating candidates for the office of member of the Board of Education must be filed with the office of the Clerk of the District or via email to the District Clerk between 9:00 o'clock a.m. and 5:00 o'clock p.m., prevailing time, and no later than 5:00 o'clock p.m. on May 11, 2020.
7. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that any qualified voter shall be entitled to vote via absentee ballot. Voters are qualified if they are: (a) a U.S. citizen; (b) at least 18 years old; (c) a resident of the district for at least thirty days prior to June 9th; and (d) not otherwise ineligible to vote under Section 5106 of the Election Law.
Qualified military voters may request a military absentee ballot application from the District Clerk between 9:00 o'clock a.m. and 5:00 o'clock p.m., prevailing time, or via email and may indicate their preference to receive a military absentee ballot application via mail, facsimile or electronic mail. Absentee ballots for military voters shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of Section 2018d of the Education Law and Part 122 of the Commissioner's Regulations.
A list of all persons to whom absentee ballots and military absentee ballots shall have been issued will be maintained in the District Clerk's office.
By Order of the Board of Education
Pine Bush Central School District
Deborah A. June, District Clerk
DATED: May 6, 2020, May 20, 2020 #99915