Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County’s (CCEUC) Agriculture Educators will be offering seven beginner courses on a variety of topics to help start your agriculture project! Classes include everything from land assessment to cultivating crops and raising livestock. The classes will be held at CCEUC, 232 Plaza Road in the Kingston Plaza.
The first class offered in 2019 is on January 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for new and aspiring land owners/lessees who are interested in better land management. This class will help you decide what is possible and practical.
Registration dates and prices vary, so check our website for the latest information. Agriculture program enrollees receive a 50% discount on most of our Agriculture classes. To register for classes, visit tinyurl.com/farmingforbeginners.
· New and Aspiring Land Owner/Lessee: January 11 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Berry and Grape Production for Beginners: January 18 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Livestock Production for Beginners: January 25 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Chickens for Beginners: January 24 from 6 to 8 p.m.
· Rotational Grazing for Beginners: February 2 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
· Beginning Sheep and Goats: February 5 from 6:00 p.m. to 8 p.m.
· Beginning Pigs: February 12 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
For information about Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County’s community programs and events go to ulster.cce.cornell.edu.