Indoor shopping malls in the Hudson Valley are now permitted to open.
Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Friday, that malls in Phase 4 regions can open if they have advanced HVAC systems.
HVAC systems will be required to include advanced filters that help filter out the COVID-19 virus. Other ventilation protocols include increased outdoor air, reduced circulation, longer system run times and frequent filter checks.
The Newburgh Mall announced on its website, that it would open on Monday, July 13. Other area malls had already opened, including the Poughkeepsie Galleria.
The Poughkeepsie Galleria has announced on its website, a wide range of safety and sanitizing policies and procedures, all designed to make Poughkeepsie Galleria as safe as possible for its employees, tenants and guests. They include:
- Face Mask Requirement: Everyone visiting Poughkeepsie Galleria will be required to wear a face mask before entering, in accordance with New York State and CDC guidelines.
- Social Distancing: All guests will be reminded to maintain social distancing and stay 6-feet apart with visual reminders placed throughout the center, along with new one-way directional signage to avoid contact with other guests.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitizing: Poughkeepsie Galleria has enhanced its cleaning and sanitizing of the common areas and numerous touch points, restrooms, seating areas, and food court. This includes using CDC-recommended disinfectants designated as effective against SARS-CoV-2 virus in accordance with or exceeding CDC sanitation guidelines.
- Enhancements to Air Circulation and Filtration: Enhancements have been made to increase air circulation, air filtration and fresh air intake to bolster the quality of air within the center – all meeting New York State standards.
- Proactive Touchless Disinfecting: Poughkeepsie Galleria’s cleaning team will be utilizing new electrostatic sprayers, leveraging the same technology used to clean hospital rooms to sanitize its center using an approved disinfectant recommended by the CDC.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations: New hand sanitizer stations will be available at: Digital directories throughout the property, Food court areas, elevators and escalators and throughout the common area
- Curbside Pickup: Guests are encouraged to take advantage of our additional parking spaces at various center entrances designated for curbside pickup from your favorite brands. The main curbside pickup location is located at the food court parking lot near Dick’s Sporting Goods. See Curbside@Poughkeepsie for an updated list of participating retailers.
- Daily Health Screenings for Poughkeepsie Galleria employees, security personnel, housekeeping employees and all contractors returning.
The governor also announced that starting July 20, New York will allow visits to nursing homes and long-term care facilities on a limited basis. Visits will be allowed at facilities that have been free of new COVID cases for at least 28 days. Only two people are allowed to visit each resident and must undergo a temperature check, wear a mask and social distance while visiting.