The City of Newburgh has announced public participation guidelines for public comment at City Council meetings, effective the September 14, meeting and until further notice.
Public comment will be allowed via Zoom video conference or teleconference. To reduce the chance of COVID-19 transmission, members of the public will not be allowed to appear in person in the Council Chambers.
To speak remotely at upcoming Council Meetings:
• All speakers must register in advance by 4:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to the meeting
Please fill out the required information (First Name, Last Name, e-mail Address). After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the City Council meeting.
• Please note that you will remain on mute until you are recognized to speak.
• When your name is called, you will have the option to unmute yourself. You will then have 3 minutes to speak.
• If you do not register in advance, you will not be recognized to speak.
• Speakers who are late or do not speak up when their name is called will not be able to speak.