The Town of Plattekill will honor its citizen of the year at Plattekill Day on Saturday, Sept. 17. Nominees are being sought for the honor.
Nomination forms are available at Town Hall or on the town’s website: town.plattekill.ny.us. They may be hand-delivered to Town Hall or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Citizen of the Year Committee/Town of Plattekill Town Clerk, P.O. Box 45, Modena, NY 12548.
Nominations must be submitted by a town resident who has a contact with the nominee. To be considered for Citizen of the Year honors, the nominee:
- Must be a current resident of Plattekill.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have shown a positive impact on residents in the Town of Plattekill.
- Must have shown outstanding character or commitment in helping others and making a difference in the Town of Plattekill, both in the past and in the present.
- Candidates who became deceased within the past three years will be considered.
- All submissions are kept and considered within a 3-year time period.
- Current elected officials and members of the town committee are not eligible.
The deadline for submissions is September 8. The award will be presented at Plattekill Day, Sept. 17 at 1 p.m. at the Thomas Felten Memorial Park. (Rain date for Plattekill Day is Sunday, Sept. 18).